Asking for help is hard, there’s no disputing that, but if you’re struggling, asking for help is something you need to do, no matter how hard it may seem. You’ve got to push yourself out of your comfort zone sometimes, that’s life, it’s something we will all have to do at some point or another.
Think of it like this; you can either ask for help and get better, or you can fight this thing alone, with no help, and stay in this position for the rest of your life. Surely you want things to change for the better?
No matter how big or small your worries may seem to you, there is someone out there, lots of people out there, who will listen to your worries and understand. I want this post to be factual and helpful, so I am going to list some resources that you can access to seek help should you find yourself in a difficult position now, or in the future. Feel free to share this post with your family and friends, I want as many people as possible to be made aware of all the help there is out there, so that everyone can be reminded that they are not alone in this world. There is always someone to listen to you… Always.
- Samaritans: Call anytime, day or night, for free on 116 123
- Mind: Call 0845 766 0163 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Self injury support: Call 0808 800 8088 Tuesday & Wednesday 7-10pm or Thursday 3-6pm
- Beat: For people who have been affected by an eating disorder. Call 0808 801 0811 between 12pm-8pm during the week & 4pm-8pm on weekends or access a webchat at https://support.beateatingdisorders.org.uk/app/chat/chat_launch
- Anxiety UK: providing support to people who have been diagnosed with an anxiety condition. Call 03444 775 774
- Childline/NSPCC: Call 0800 1111 or get in touch online via a 1-2-1 counsellor webchat at https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/1-2-1-counsellor-chat/
- SANEline: Call 0300 304 7000 any day between 4.30pm–10.30pm
- The Mix: Call 0808 808 4994 Sunday-Friday between 2pm-11pm
- Papyrus HOPELINE UK: Call 0800 068 4141 between 10am-10pm weekdays and 2pm-10pm weekends
- And lastly, me: I am always here to listen. Email email@example.com or text 07964017391 Monday-Sunday 7am-11pm
- !!For urgent medical attention do not hesitate to call 999,111 or go straight up to your local A&E (this is also applicable if you are feeling suicidal/believe you are at risk of harming yourself.)!!
- Alcohol & drug crisis line: 1-800-234-0420
- Child abuse hotline: 1-800-540-4000
- Samaritans: (212) 673-3000
- Mental Health America: text MHA to 741741 at the 24 hour crisis text line
- !!For urgent medical attention call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room!!
I have only included the helpline contact details for places in the UK and in the US, as this is where the bulk of my readers come from, however if you are reading this from a different country, a quick internet search will provide you with lots of resources for you to access. Don’t go through this alone.
Stay strong, and remember you can get through this.
Take care of yourselves.